Aug 20, 2021
Does this sound like you?
Email us your CV and cover letter
Equipt is a dynamic, fast paced, equipment rental business. We focus on providing high quality equipment, excellent service and the latest technology to give contractors the best rental experience. We are looking for awesome people who want to be part of an exciting, young, high growth company. We believe that with the right team, there is nothing we can’t achieve.
About the position
You will be at the heart of our machinery as a Mechanic at Equipt, you’ll be interacting with customers, supporting operational activity and growth by responding to on-site support callouts as well as delivering planned maintenance and work orders.
Your responsibilities will cover:
- Attend to breakdowns and on-site support callouts
- Planned maintenance of Excavators 1 - 23 Tonnes
- Carry out minor repairs on all types of machines post rental
- Create and manage work orders
- Keep precise records of all work activity for billing
- Liaise with contractors completing work
- Warranty claim processes
Technical skills and experience you will bring:
- Heavy Diesel qualification and experience (required)
- Hydraulic systems experience (required)
- Electrical systems
- Good diagnostic abilities
- Highly pragmatic
- Practical with ability to forecast and manage time expectations
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company
What you will be valued for?
These are your personal qualities which combined with your skill set will make you a stand-out and perform in the role. These competencies are specific to your role and in addition to the organisation competencies. They reflect the key behaviors that will directly support your overall success in the role:
- Time Management skills - uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- Problem Solving skills - uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
- Action orientated - enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Organising - can marshal resources (people, finding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Learning on the Fly - learn quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.